Speech & Language
Children seen by the Speech and Language Therapy (SALT) team are likely to have needs relating to:
- Language development affecting understanding and/or expression
- Speech production
- Social interaction and social communication skills
The philosophy of the Brown’s SALT service is to work in collaboration with parents, teachers and other colleagues (e.g. Occupational Therapists, Psychologists etc.) as part of a multi-disciplinary team, in order to develop communication targets which will allow each individual child to have maximum levels of access to the curriculum.
Input is delivered in a variety of ways, including:
- Assessment and review
- Specific target setting
- Advice and recommendation
- Class-based intervention and support
- Blocks of individual and group therapy
- Provision of reports for annual reviews
- Home-school liaison as needed and on request
Every class has a timetabled weekly social skills lesson delivered by the SALT team.