Entrance & Fees
Working closely with local authorities, social care, education departments and health authorities, Brown’s School strives to deliver an inclusive across the board service, providing personalised packages for complex young people. We endeavour to keep our fees competitive and they are reviewed annually in response to changes.
Whilst public bodies are responsible for referring young people into our school and also for paying their school fees; parents also have a right to be involved in the arrangement of provision. Placement packages are flexible and tailored to individual need, to provide the individual education, care and therapy requirement of the young person.
The majority of our students are funded by Local Authorities and we currently have placements from Bromley, Kent. Lewisham, Bexley, Sutton, West Sussex, Merton, Croydon, Surrey and Southwark.
Termly Tuition Fees are from £5900.
All students are costed individually, based on their individual needs eg. therapy requirements or 1-1 support.
Fees must be paid on or before the first day of term. We require a full term’s notice, in writing, before the removal of a pupil, or by payment of an amount equal to a full term’s fees.
Monthly payments can be made. The fees are inclusive of textbooks and stationery. Fees are reviewed annually and any adjustment will be advised at the start of the Summer Term, before being introduced by the following Autumn Term.
Included in our termly Fees (to be costed)
Other Specialist Support:
- Intensive Literacy support
- Intensive Numeracy support
- Personal and Social Development groups
- 80 minutes of weekly Occupational Therapy (all students)
- Annual Reviews
- Weekly social skills groups with the speech & language therapist and S&L assistant (all students)
- Pupil careers advice & work experience placements
- Speech & Language Therapist
- Occupational Therapist
- Clinical psychologist
Curriculum Materials / Resources
- Food & nutrition ingredients
- Design & technology materials
- Art materials
- Transport for pupils to College placement (we always encourage independent travel)
- Travel insurance for school trips
- 1-1 music lessons
- Horse Riding
- Challenger Troop Programme
- Walnuts Gymnasium
- Breakfast Club
- Lunch Time Clubs
Parents will normally be expected to pay for:
- Special trips, at cost.
- Some after school clubs and activities involving external instructors.
- Formal Assessments eg. Dyslexia, Dyscalculia.
- Pupils’ transport to and from school ( often funded by the local authority if their placement is funded)